9.11.2010

NYFW 2011 - EDUN Runway Show

Went to the Edun runway show today. Held under a bridge of sorts (an overpass or something?) - graffiti on the brick walls, a gravel runway - it was nothing short of edgy. The collection itself was a breath of fresh air for me - completely congruent with my own personal style - the aesthetic was earthy but a little tough - "Desert Rock" as my folks like to call it. The pieces had ease of movement, balanced drapey and body-conscious silhouettes, and while there were some patterns, it was majority solid earth tones - white, black, beige, charcol...stunning. Oh, and all models were balancing on really tall, REALLY CHUNKY platforms. We all know I adooooore me a chunky platform. I want it all. Here are some pics of my favorite pieces from the front row :)
Pre-show

Gavin Rossdale & son Kingston...blurry I know, I'd make a really bad paparazzo

Took this one with my phone - why does my phone take better pics than my expensive camera?

Photogs/press at the end of the gravel runway


More photos of the collection will probably be available at Style.com...but they're not up yet. Holler at me Style.com, lemme upgrade you.

Happy shopping.

No comments: