5.26.2009

Oh summer how I resent thee...

I don't like summer weather. I know...gasp! What can I say, I'm a layering girl. I thrive in fall and early winter. Light jackets over cardigans over t's or tanks...pants or skirts/shorts with tights...boots...scarves...I'm just a sucker for the multi-layers.

In these past few warm summer days I've been finding myself extremely flustered. Dressing in the morning has become less of a pleasure and more of a daunting task. My closet is my enemy and shopping is disorienting. So what's a girl to do?? Summer in NYC is no joke. It's hot, it's humid...it's simply very sweaty and there can be no excess material. That really cuts down a person's options...I usually rotate the same collection of cutoffs, beaters, white v-necks, and the occasional random dress (I'm really not a fan of the more tradish halter or tube tops and skirts). So recently I've been scouring the blogosphere for ideas...themes...fashion concepts if you will. Here's what I've come up with:

1. Short flowy dress with chunky shoes:

2. Loose tanks (seen in the first pic on the right and the left), with cute visible bra or sans bra:

3. Little shorts with big tee's:

4. Rompers (duh, we already went over this):

5. High waisted skirts with simple tank:

6. Maxi dress:

That's what I've come up with for now. The other problem is that I hate summer shoes. I bought my first pair of flats a few weeks ago...my first pair ever...I'm still trying to figure out how to make them work. I've basically worn the same pair of open-toed flat sandals for the past 3 summers - each summer saying it's the last. I think last summer really was the last...though I still haven't thrown them out so chances are I'll wear them again. Other than that, I'm adamantly opposed to wearing rubber flip flops unless I'm on my way to get a pedicure, and I just can't get down with gladiators for the life of me.

So where does this leave me? Though I kind of feel like I can tackle the wardrobe, I'm still feeling truly uneasy about the footwear. And what's one without the other right? Good thing Coach works for every season ;-).


'prece.

2 comments:

anna bu said...

the first two shoes are killer!love them

justbuit.blogspot.com

bisous
annabu

May Kasahara said...

I love look #3 and it's so fucking EASY. time to bust out the tshirts all over again ♥